Our mission is to help athletes that want to run high school distance get ready while they can, in middle school (and earlier!) High school distance running is challenging and takes a couple years of training. So to hit the ground running, as it were, you need good preparation.
Answers to your questions and information about our club can be found on our website registration information page.
2020 Cross Country Guidelines - Policies and Procedures
See the policies and procedures we are following for Fall 2020 Cross Country. In general:
- We will manage a smaller roster of athletes
- Initially, all registered athletes start on a temporary waiting list
- Middle school aged athletes have priority
We have a Spring/Summer track program that begins in March (the Monday after daylight savings time begins) and ends with the USATF National Junior Olympic Track & Field Championships in July.
- Track registration typically opens in January.
We have a Fall cross country program that begins in August (the Monday a week after Fulton County schools begin) and ends with the USATF National Junior Olympic Cross Country Championships in December.
- Cross Country registration typically opens in July.
- However, due to COVID-19, we had to create a new set guidelines, policies and procedures to follow for this 2020 XC season, delaying the start of registration.
Prior to the close of registration we do allow athletes to attend a practice session to determine if they wish to register with our club.
- We do not offer any other program other than our track and cross country programs.
- We do not offer what is commonly referred to as a "summer program."
- We do not offer a summer camp.
- We do not offer a winter indoor training session.
- See our Registration Information page for details on our group runs, which are open to all, which are typically scheduled during the winter break between Cross Country and Track.